I've been getting a few questions about Avonlea's name so I thought I would answer them for everyone here on our blog.
FAQ's about her name:
1. How do you pronounce that?
- Avonlea (a-ven-lee) - You can listen to the pronunciation below.
Listen on posterous
2. Where does that come from I've never heard that before?
- It comes from the story Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery. It is a fictional locations located on Prince Edward Island.You can read more here
3. Why the name Pearl?
- Pearl was my Great Grandmothers name and we thought it was very fitting for her Avonlea.