Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Avonlea's Name

I've been getting a few questions about Avonlea's name so I thought I would answer them for everyone here on our blog. 

FAQ's about her name:

1. How do you pronounce that?

  • Avonlea (a-ven-lee) - You can listen to  the pronunciation below. 

   (24 KB)
Listen on posterous

 

 2. Where does that come from I've never heard that before?

  • It comes from the story Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery. It is a fictional locations located on Prince Edward Island.You can read more here

 3. Why the name Pearl?

  • Pearl was my Great Grandmothers name and we thought it was very fitting for her Avonlea.

Posted via email from Tame Family

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it love it love it. She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations Tame family!

Aaron + Kayti said...

girl - i love the explanation and love her darling name. cant wait to see more pictures!! LOVES

Unknown said...

very cute lea...i love Anne of Green Gables. My all time favorite. Bedding is almost done...don't hate me.
For the trouble is there anything little you would want. Change pad cover, pillow? Just let me know, it is free!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the story "Anne of Green Gables". I loved my Grandma Pearl Forry so very much she was such a dear friend to me. Kevin when she lived with us she loved you very much. I like looking at the name in print it is a very beautiful looking name. I also like the sound of the name. She is your little gem isn't she.